There are few things in this world that college students like more than scavenger hunts and free food. Fortunately for us, La Parilla brings the two together on a monthly basis. Here is the deal: La Parilla posts a list of ten tasks to complete during the month. You make sure you do all of them and get photo documentation. Then you bring your proof into La Parilla to win free burritos for a month! Now these tasks are not for the faint of heart. The way to go about it is to make a game plan. First day of the month, print off the list. Decide how many tasks require weekends to complete and which you can get done during the week, working around homework and such. Then, make it happen. Free burritos cannot be beat. All your friends will be jealous. Here is a March’s list.
1. Bring the La Parilla crew some Irish Car Bombs.
2. Dress as a leprechaun and do your best Irish jig in front of 317.
3. Bring Lucas a 5 dollar gas card or cash and write him a love sonnet.
4. Spend at least an hour volunteering at Heart of the Valley animal shelter.
5. Go sledding in the nude at Peet’s Hill.
6. Perform a ribbon dance in a leotard crossing Main Street.
7. Post a video of you singing your favorite Whitney Houston song on our Facebook page.
8. Eat at Bow River Burgers in traditional Irish Garb.
9. Shave a clover into a friends back or chest (must be huge).
10. Take a shower with ten friends at the same time (nudity optional but as always highly recommended).
I have decided to take on the La Parilla challenge this coming August in order to secure free burritos for the first month of school. If you think you have what it takes to secure a free lunch (no matter what your grandpa tells you, there is such a thing), then pick a month and get going!